Why A Worthy Muslim?

About Me

My photo
I initially accepted Al Islam through an unexpected yet fruitful journey to Africa. Having always been intrigued with the struggle of the oppressed against the oppressor, I found myself amazed by witnessing the poorest of the poor having a dignity and a self respect in their downtrodden condtion that I've not witnessed amongst the indigineous oppressed anywhere else. Once realizing that Al Islam was the reason for this, I quickly dedicated my life to understanding the Islamic principles for overcoming oppression and how Allah commands its resistance. I've written the first of many other books to follow which detail what I've learned and strategized in A Worthy Muslim: Quranic Tools Needed to Overcome Oppression and Imperialism in Order to Institute Justice I am extremely busy currently giving interviews and conducting seminars on how best to deal with several of the issues raised in the book.

Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ramadan Book Giveaway Contest

I'm providing an opportunity for a book giveaway to expire at the end of Ramadan which (God willing) will be during the first days of October 2008. In order to participate you must do the following:

1) Read Qur'an 49:13

2) Submit a post describing an incident that may have resulted or did result inserious social implications you have observed where an understanding of thisverse that you are aware of could have been used or should be used to address that unique issuue. How would you explain the application of this to solve the incident you noticed?(there is no incident or place that is off limits)

3) At the end of Ramadan all posts will be evaluated based on ingenuity, diversityof application, and grammar. Entries must be at least 250 words long.

4) Once this determination is made, the winner will be announced here and receive 2 free copies of A Worthy Muslim: Quranic Tools Needed to Overcome Oppression and Imperialism in Order to Institute Justice

When submitting your post, you must provide your email address (which will remain confidential), so you can be notified if you are the winner! You can use my email contact in the upper right corner to submit your post along with your email address or you can use the comment box below to do this. Best Wishes.

HAPPY RAMADAN!

No comments: